Kitchen Fire Suppression System Inspection
Kitchen fire suppression systems require monthly visual inspections by the owner/manager of a property. These inspections assure full operability and compliance with the manufacturer’s installation criteria; insurance companies and local authorities have jurisdiction.
Inspections shall include verification of the following:
- The extinguishing system is in its proper location and access is unobstructed.
- The manual pull station actuators are unobstructed and within line of sight.
- The tamper indicators and seals are intact.
- The maintenance tag or certificate is in place.
- No obvious physical damage or condition exists that might prevent operation.
- The pressure gauge(s), if provided, is in operable range.
- The nozzle blowoff caps are intact and undamaged, with nozzles aimed at the center of the intended cooking appliance.
- The hood, duct, and protected cooking appliances have not been replaced, modified, or relocated from their original position at installation.
- The portable fire extinguisher is in proximity to the cooking appliances, and is wall mounted, fully charged, sealed, undamaged and with the gauge in the operational area.
If you are unsure how to perform this monthly owners/manager inspection the service technician can explain the details during a regular semiannual maintenance service of the system. Call Lund Fire Products today at (718) 423-1900.
Kitchen Fire Suppression Services
We also offer: